BRIEF HISTORY OF THE BARANGAY
There is no published history of Barangay Binalay. However, according to the elders, the name Binalay came from the word Balay (bahay). Binalay is the first barangay in a municipality established in 1930.
Barangay Binalay is in the north of the Town with a total land area of 1,020 hectares. It is bounded by Barangay Olag Pequeño in the North, Barangay Camagong in the West, Barangay Magrimpong in the East, and Barangay San Isidro Poblacion in the South.
In the early part of the 20th century, this was a mere barangay with no more than ten family heads. The progress was very sluggish. The people were just dependent on the produce they obtained from small patches of kaingin. They earned money by selling their stuff.
An independent and caring barangay were the officials are the role model of the community. Living the values of truth, loyalty, humility, honesty and competitiveness where we provide prompt, courteous and transparent service to the constituents. Thus leading to a peaceful and progressive life of the people.
Implantation of Barangay ordinances, upgrading trough seminar-workshop, keeping in touch with latest information (Presidential Decree, circular memo, etc.) consultative governance majority role policy, maximize generation of income through tax, maintain peace and order thru the help of the community.
Patron: Seniora Fatima
Fiesta: October 13
Province: CAMARINES SUR
Total Land Area: 1,020 Hectares
General Description and Characteristic:
EAST – Magrimpong
WEST – Camagong
NORTH – Olag Pequeño
SOUTH – San Isidro
Major Source of Livelihood:
Number of households:
Number of Register voters:
Number of Barangay Personnel:
Day care Worker: