BRIEF HISTORY OF THE BARANGAY
The enactment of the National Resettlement and Rehabilitation Administration (NARRA) on May 13, 1955 by the National Government under the late President Ramon Magsaysay gave way to the establishment of Barangay CAMPO IV.
The Barangay was finally established through the help of local NARRA officials headed by Mr. Emelio Nagrampa and his supporters namely Salvador Salvosa, Juan Esplana, Felix Abejero, Lemneo Matos, and Resendo Esguerra, the supply officer and clerk of NARRA Tinambac, Settlement.
However, the name had been mistaken to be a military camp. So in 1969 there was a unanimous decision that Campo IV be changed into Magsaysay. It was made possible through barangay resolution initiate by the barangay Captain Rosendo Esguerra and his councilmen with the approval of the Ministry of Local Government.
The Barangay Magsaysay land area has 1,486.43 has. The Barangay is the secondary location in the coastal area part of the Municipality of Tinambac, where the existing high school in the place. It is an agricultural land Copra, Palay, root-crops are the agri-products. It is also center of fishing wherein bounded in San Miguel Bay and Pacific Ocean.
The Development condition with the Barangay want to achieve in the future; it contains the aspiration that binds the people together.
The strategy leading towards the achievements to the vision to have a quality of life and peaceful barangay.
Patron: Sr. San Isidro Labrador
Fiesta: May 14-15
Province: CAMARINES SUR
Total Land Area:
General Description and Characteristic:
Major Source of Livelihood:
Number of households:
Number of Register voters:
Number of Barangay Personnel:
Day care Worker: