Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office
A caring and integrated system of social development services that facilitates human development and improves the quality of life.
Enable disadvantaged individuals, families and communities to achieve quality of life through the provision of comprehensive and responsive social welfare programs and services in partnership with development stakeholders.
Identify the basic needs of the needy, the disadvantaged and impoverished, develop and implement appropriate measuresA to alleviate their problems and improve their living conditions. Provide relief and appropriate crisis intervention for victims of abuse and exploitation and recommend appropriate measures to deter further abuse and exploitation.
The MSWDO is committed to provide the highest possible service performance and pledges to achieve the following:
- CHILD AND YOUTH WELFARE PROGRAMS
(Below 18 years old)
PROGRAMS and/or CONCERNS:
- High incidence of children in difficult circumstances such as:
- Sexually abused child/exploited
- neglected child
- abandoned child
- maltreated child
- Full implementation of RA 7610 in coordination with line agencies.
- Provision of protective custody over the victims as needed, thru Center for Girls, Lingap Center, RSCC and other institution catering services to the child.
- Provision of therapeutic intervention/services to the child and to the family thru trained Social Workers.
- A study of the profile of perpetrators to establish some clues that would help in designing interventions to minimize if not, eradicate the occurrence of child abuses.
- Provision of Supplemental feeding to moderately and severely underweight children 0-6 years old.
- Reactivate and orient the barangay councils/committees on the update of late issues/concerns regarding the protection of child sexual abuses/incest rape and other forms of abuses.
- Provision of special services to children and their families.
- Community based services to delinquent youth.
- EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
- Capability building thru provision of Disaster Management to LGU, PO’s and clientele.
- Training of families in high risk prone areas on disaster preparedness likewise.
- Involvement of GO’s and NGO’s on their responsibilities in providing basic social services to the people.
- Provision of Emergency Shelter Assistance to the victims of man-made and other natural disasters.
- Provision of limited and financial and or material Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation.(AICS)
- Provision of Disaster Relief Intervention to man-made and natural disaster.
- Recommending and referring victims of calamities to other agencies for assistance such as technical, medial and financial assistance
- WOMEN’S WELFARE PROGRAM
(18-59 years old, single, married & solo parent)
PROGRAMS and/or CONCERNS:
- Increasing incidence of Women in Especially Difficult Circumstances
- Battered women
- Rape victims
- Victims of incest
- Stranded, unwed, solo parent in crisis situation
- lack of base line data for community/barangays with high incidence of family violence, hence, a need for research study
- No special court to handle cases on domestic violence including persecution of sexual abuse, incest and rape cases, hence, legal procedure/persecution is slow.
- Conduct baseline survey using the participative approach in target barangays.
- organization of community based volunteer task force that would respond to the issues in family violence (RA 9262)
- Information dissemination and advocacy in the implementation of laws that would respond and protect abuses and exploitation on women like RA 9262.
- Conduct training on Parent Effectiveness Service (PES) Women Modular Session.
- Provision of social services and intervention to WEDC
- Implement SEA K para sa kabataan.
- Referral and recommend women to other agencies for intervention.
- DISABLED AND ELDERLY PROGRAMS
- Conduct baseline survey of the disabled persons and federate them to association.
- Continue organizing and recruiting of members of senior citizen’s federation of Tinambac, CS.
- Children with signs and symptoms of disabilities are provided with the proper intervention and rehabilitative services.
- Conduct of information dissemination on disability prevention.
- Provision of assistance for Physical Restoration.
- Conduct after-care follow-up services
- Referral and recommend disabled and elderly persons for social welfare intervention.
- FAMILY WELFARE PROGRAM
- Training of community volunteers on Parents Effectiveness Service aimed to reach-out to parents and their substitutes and assumes the major educational role in the child’s rearing and development.
- Conduct marriage counseling services to would-be couple.
- Implement Responsible Parenthood Service to couples assisted towards deciding on family size and practice child spacing.
- Conduct family casework counseling to families on role performance and relationship.
- Provision of Special Social Service for Solo Parent RA 3972 (Solo-Parent Welfare Act of 2000).
- Orientation of child and family welfare program to barangay officials for them to become an instrument in encouraging target residents for change.
- COMMUNITY WELFARE PROGRAM
- Trained volunteers and mobilize for community services.
- Organize community welfare structures.
- Continue networking to concerned agencies to reach out problems and issues.